Working With You
We provide a range of services to support people with a disability and people with mental health concerns, as well as the families and/or carers who support them.
We take great pride in our team of skilled and caring practitioners, who are experienced in negotiating positive outcomes for the people using our service. Our main aim is to help you achieve your goals and we do that by working with you and your support network.
We want you to feel comfortable and at ease when we get together, so we can arrange to meet with you in a location that works best for you, at your home, or in a school or community setting.
Helping You Achieve Your Goals
To help you achieve your goals, together we will create a ‘My Plan’ which outlines the work we will do and shows you how your goals can be achieved.
Our aim is to develop and strengthen your ability (and your family / carer’s ability) to manage your plan so that you can achieve what you want to achieve.
We will talk to you about the services that are available and help you access them when you need them. Communication is important to us, so we will keep you updated on what we are doing and review your plan so that it continues to work for you.
Shannon Spence and Associates is a registered provider with National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) for the following areas:
- Behaviour Support, including Positive Behaviour Support Management Plans and Intensive Behaviour Intervention Supports.
- Support Coordination, including higher intensity Specialist Support Coordination.
- Counselling for an Individual, as well as Mentoring and Peer Support.
- Social Work with an Individual – Australian Accredited Social Worker (AASW).
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with AASW.
- Specialised Individual Therapy for Early Childhood.
- Specialist Assessment of Skills, Abilities and Needs.
- Assistance in Coordinating or Managing Life Stages / Transitions and Supports, Assistive Equipment for Recreation, and Innovative Community Participation.
- Assistance with Daily Life Tasks in a Group or Shared Living Arrangement, Daily Personal Activities, Development of Daily Living and Life Skills, Household Tasks, Therapeutic Support.
- Assistance to Access and/or Maintain Employment and/or Education.
- Assistance with Travel / Transport Arrangements, Group and Centre Based Activities, Participation in Community / Social and Civic Activities, Accommodation / Tenancy Assistance, including Short-Term Transitional Support for Accommodation.