Working With You
We provide a range of services to support people with a disability and people with mental health concerns, as well as the families and/or carers who support them.
We take great pride in our team of skilled and caring practitioners, who are experienced in negotiating positive outcomes for the people using our service. Our main aim is to help you achieve your goals and we do that by working with you and your support network.
We want you to feel comfortable and at ease when we get together, so we can arrange to meet with you in a location that works best for you, at your home, or in a school or community setting.
We provide Support Coordination services including higher intensity Specialist Support Coordination, to assist you in reaching your goals and getting the best value from your NDIS plan. By assisting you to build the skills you need to understand and use your NDIS plan, we ensure a mix of supports are used to increase your capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently, and be included in your community.
Our Behaviour Support practitioners will work closely with you and your family, carers and support networks to develop Positive Behaviour Support Plans and Intensive Behaviour Intervention Supports that allow you to live your best life. We also work with your other service providers such as Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists and other professionals for a complete service focused on your personal needs.
We work with individuals, families, groups and communities, engaging people and structures to address life’s challenges and enhance your wellbeing.
Shannon Spence is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
Functional Assessments & Allied Health Interventions
We compile comprehensive functional behaviour and functional capacity assessments to gain an understanding of an individual’s current level of functioning. Our assessments guide how we best support you in achieving your goals. These assessments are provided by our trained professionals including Social Workers, Psychologists, Behaviours Support Practitioners and Speech Pathologists.
Emotional Regulation & Skill Building
We will help you in developing skills to better regulate your emotions through utilising Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) techniques, for example:
Helping You Achieve Your Goals
To help you achieve your goals, together we will create a ‘My Plan’ which outlines the work we will do and shows you how your goals can be achieved.
Our aim is to develop and strengthen your ability (and your family / carer’s ability) to manage your plan so that you can achieve what you want to achieve.
We will talk to you about the services that are available and help you access them when you need them. Communication is important to us, so we will keep you updated on what we are doing and review your plan so that it continues to work for you.
Shannon Spence and Associates is a registered provider with National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) for the following areas:
- Behaviour Support, including Positive Behaviour Support Management Plans and Intensive Behaviour Intervention Supports.
- Support Coordination, including higher intensity Specialist Support Coordination.
- Counselling for an Individual, as well as Mentoring and Peer Support.
- Social Work with an Individual – Australian Accredited Social Worker (AASW).
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with AASW.
- Specialised Individual Therapy for Early Childhood.
- Specialist Assessment of Skills, Abilities and Needs.
- Assistance in Coordinating or Managing Life Stages / Transitions and Supports, Assistive Equipment for Recreation, and Innovative Community Participation.
- Assistance with Daily Life Tasks in a Group or Shared Living Arrangement, Daily Personal Activities, Development of Daily Living and Life Skills, Household Tasks, Therapeutic Support.
- Assistance to Access and/or Maintain Employment and/or Education.
- Assistance with Travel / Transport Arrangements, Group and Centre Based Activities, Participation in Community / Social and Civic Activities, Accommodation / Tenancy Assistance, including Short-Term Transitional Support for Accommodation.